Growing up, one of my favorite holiday cookies that my grandmother and mother made was No Bake Cookies (or Boiled Cookies as my Granny called them). My husband’s mother and grandmother made them during the holidays as well, so they have been a staple of Christmas baking each year at our home.
My husband’s family’s version is the peanut butter-chocolate-oatmeal version and my family’s version is sans peanut butter, but has coconut and pecans. This Keto/low carb version has coconut and pecans and it takes so much like the original cookie from my childhood that it’s hard to believe they really are sugar free, low carb, and keto! I don’t even miss the oatmeal in it! I absolutely love being able to make recipes that are on plan and that are actually good for me, too!
One thing I tell people when they are trying to eat a low carb or ketogenic diet is to find foods that you really enjoy that are on plan so that you don’t feel like you’re completely depriving yourself. When you do that, you are more likely to stick to an eating plan long-term, and that will help you develop healthy habits for weight loss and overall wellness. You can eat these cookies (in moderation) guilt free, as they only have 1.5 net carbs per cookie! Also, they have butter and coconut oil in them, so they also add in healthy fats for you keto eaters!
Okay! So let’s get to it, then! Scroll down for the complete recipe.
Also, if you make these cookies, be sure to snap a photo and post on social media using #cultivatecreateeats so I can see your yummy keto creations!
A couple of notes: *Make sure to use unsalted butter. Using salted butter will cause the mixture to separate when boiling. Also, grass-fed butter is best. *Be sure to stir frequently when boiling the mixture to prevent from scorching. *Freezing and/or refrigerating this cookie is the best option to set it. And storing in an airtight container in the fridge once set will be best. If the cookie warms up, it will get soft again.
Keto Holiday No Bake Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Xylitol or the equivalent of your favorite sweetener
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut you want finely shredded, not the large flakes
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar free Hershey’s chocolate chips
- In a large saucepan, melt Heavy Whipping Cream, Butter, Xylitol and Coconut Oil.
- Bring to a low boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup Sugar Free Hershey’s chocolate chips to the boiler when you only have 3 more minutes to boil mixture. Stir well.
- Remove from heat and add Vanilla, Shredded Coconut, and Chopped Pecans.
- Scoop onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, and chill in freezer until firmly set.
Makes 12-13 cookies. 1.5 net carbs per cookie.